[E-devel] [Enlightenment-release] Python-EFL 1.12.0 pre-release
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-22 17:36:34 UTC
I've uploaded pre-release tarballs for Python-EFL 1.12.0 to:
http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/python-efl-1.12.0.tar.gz
and
http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/python-efl-1.12.0.tar.bz2

md5sum and sha1sum are available in the same folder.

Please test them and report any issue you found.
I plan on doing the official release in about 24h.

davemds
Martinx - ジェームズ
2014-11-23 07:47:19 UTC
Post by Davide Andreoli
http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/python-efl-1.12.0.tar.gz
and
http://download.enlightenment.org/pre-releases/python-efl-1.12.0.tar.bz2
md5sum and sha1sum are available in the same folder.
Please test them and report any issue you found.
I plan on doing the official release in about 24h.
davemds
Hey Davide,

I'm trying to compile `python-efh 1.12.0-pre` within a "pbuilder
environment" (using my own EFL/E packages) and I'm getting the following
error:

"Checking for Ethumb: Ethumb version mismatch. Found: 1.12.0 Needed:
1.12.0"

In a bit more details...

---
debian/rules build
dh build --with python2 --buildsystem=pybuild
dh_testdir -O--buildsystem=pybuild
dh_auto_configure -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:170: python2.7 setup.py config
running config
dh_auto_build -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:170: /usr/bin/python setup.py build
Checking for Eina: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Eo: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Evas: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ecore: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreFile: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreInput: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreX: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ethumb: Ethumb version mismatch. Found: 1.12.0 Needed: 1.12.0
E: pybuild pybuild:256: build: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1:
/usr/bin/python setup.py build
dh_auto_build: pybuild --build -i python{version} -p 2.7 --dir . returned
exit code 13
debian/rules:7: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 13
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package
---

Then, if I install `libgbm-dev` (or it add to `debian/control` as a
build-dep), then it works! Like this:

---
***@e-builder-1:~/python-efl-1.12.0# apt-get install libgbm-dev

***@e-builder-1:~/python-efl-1.12.0# dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us

Checking for EcoreX: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ethumb: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ethumb_Client: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Edje: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Emotion: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for DBus: OK, found 1.2.0
Checking for Elementary: OK, found 1.12.0
running build
running build_py
---

Weird... Besides this "crazy build dependency", it compiles and installs
okay... I don't know the source of this problem...

Also, this problem appear outside of the "pbuilder environment", I mean, if
I try to compile `python-efl 1.12.0` on top of a fresh Ubuntu 14.10 Minimal
Server (plus Ubuntu 14.10`ppa:martinx/enlightenment`), to try to "mimic"
the pbuilder tiny build chroot enviroment. It is easy to reproduce (when
with the deb packages).

I'll try it again, by installing EFL + E19 + etc, using `./configure ; make
; make install`, instead of `apt-get / dpkg`, to see if this problem appear
there too (when not using the E packages that I'm trying to build), maybe
I'm doing something wrong with the packaging itself.

Cheers!
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-23 09:57:58 UTC
arghh, so weird...

I'm testing again here, also downloading ubuntu to try to reproduce your
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error report
in pyefl is wrong.

The version check in setup.py is done using 2 commands:
pkg-config --modversion ethumb (to see if ethumb is installed)
and
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb (to check the min version)

the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0

From your error seems that the second command fail on your environment,
can you try to manually run those 2 commands?
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-23 12:14:52 UTC
Ok, installed ubuntu, your repo, and reproduced the error.
It seems you really need the gbm lib, it is a requirement for ecore-drm.

Don't ask me why you get so further and why pkg-config don't fail earlier,
but
you can see gbm as a Require in the ecore-drm.pc file.

(DRM guys: is this correct? why ecore-drm do not fail without that lib?)

In fact the command:
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb --print-errors
say that you need that lib.

And also the efl configure.ac (line 3052) say that ecore-drm need gbm.

So I would say: install libgbm-dev and be happy :)
Post by Davide Andreoli
arghh, so weird...
I'm testing again here, also downloading ubuntu to try to reproduce your
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error report
in pyefl is wrong.
pkg-config --modversion ethumb (to see if ethumb is installed)
and
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb (to check the min version)
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your environment,
Daniel Juyung Seo
2014-11-23 14:08:31 UTC
It looks good from here.
But egitu crashes a lot whenever I select a commit.

What is a good way to debug egitu with gdb?

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
Post by Davide Andreoli
arghh, so weird...
I'm testing again here, also downloading ubuntu to try to reproduce your
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error report
in pyefl is wrong.
pkg-config --modversion ethumb (to see if ethumb is installed)
and
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb (to check the min version)
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
I'm doing something wrong with the packaging itself.
Cheers!
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
more
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
Post by Davide Andreoli
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-23 15:32:33 UTC
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
It looks good from here.
But egitu crashes a lot whenever I select a commit.
Thanks for testing!

No issue here with egitu, I'm using it everyday for all my git usage, but
I'm still at
efl 1.12 (stable branch).
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
What is a good way to debug egitu with gdb?
the long answer:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb

while the short one:
gdb -ex r --args python /usr/local/bin/egitu
...of course adjust the egitu path according to your installation prefix
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error
report
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
in pyefl is wrong.
pkg-config --modversion ethumb (to see if ethumb is installed)
and
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb (to check the min version)
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
Post by Davide Andreoli
md5sum and sha1sum are available in the same folder.
Please test them and report any issue you found.
I plan on doing the official release in about 24h.
davemds
Hey Davide,
I'm trying to compile `python-efh 1.12.0-pre` within a "pbuilder
environment" (using my own EFL/E packages) and I'm getting the
following
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
1.12.0"
In a bit more details...
---
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
I'm doing something wrong with the packaging itself.
Cheers!
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
Dashboards
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
more
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations,
FREE
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Martinx - ジェームズ
Post by Davide Andreoli
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-23 20:58:10 UTC
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
It looks good from here.
But egitu crashes a lot whenever I select a commit.
Thanks for testing!
No issue here with egitu, I'm using it everyday for all my git usage, but
I'm still at
efl 1.12 (stable branch).
infact, updated efl to latest git and I get the segfault as you...
seems something to do with elm item, a first fast gdb run say:

0x00007ffff40fad25 in _elm_list_nearest_visible_item_get (it=0x15b67d0,
obj=<optimized out>) at elm_list.c:1223
1223 evas_object_geometry_get(VIEW(item), &cx, &cy, &cw,
&ch);

(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007ffff40fad25 in _elm_list_nearest_visible_item_get (it=0x15b67d0,
obj=<optimized out>) at elm_list.c:1223
#1 _elm_list_elm_widget_on_focus (obj=<optimized out>, sd=<optimized out>)
at elm_list.c:1277
#2 0x00007ffff4173550 in elm_obj_widget_on_focus () at elm_widget.eo.c:343
#3 0x00007ffff41860e3 in _parent_focus (obj=0x8000005c000002e1) at
elm_widget.c:804
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
What is a good way to debug egitu with gdb?
https://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb
gdb -ex r --args python /usr/local/bin/egitu
...of course adjust the egitu path according to your installation prefix
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error
report
Post by Davide Andreoli
in pyefl is wrong.
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your
environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
can you try to manually run those 2 commands?
On 22 November 2014 at 15:36, Davide Andreoli <
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
md5sum and sha1sum are available in the same folder.
Please test them and report any issue you found.
I plan on doing the official release in about 24h.
davemds
Hey Davide,
I'm trying to compile `python-efh 1.12.0-pre` within a "pbuilder
environment" (using my own EFL/E packages) and I'm getting the
following
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
1.12.0"
In a bit more details...
---
;
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Daniel Juyung Seo

#0 0x00007ffff40fad25 in _elm_list_nearest_visible_item_get (it=0x15b67d0,
obj=<optimized out>) at elm_list.c:1223
#1 _elm_list_elm_widget_on_focus (obj=<optimized out>, sd=<optimized out>)
at elm_list.c:1277
#2 0x00007ffff4173550 in elm_obj_widget_on_focus () at elm_widget.eo.c:343
#3 0x00007ffff41860e3 in _parent_focus (obj=0x8000005c000002e1) at
elm_widget.c:804
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
What is a good way to debug egitu with gdb?
https://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb
gdb -ex r --args python /usr/local/bin/egitu
...of course adjust the egitu path according to your installation prefix
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error
report
Post by Davide Andreoli
in pyefl is wrong.
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your
environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
;
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration
&
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
more
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Daniel Juyung Seo
2014-11-24 08:43:02 UTC
I just fixed elementary list!

Thanks.

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
#0 0x00007ffff40fad25 in _elm_list_nearest_visible_item_get
(it=0x15b67d0,
obj=<optimized out>) at elm_list.c:1223
#1 _elm_list_elm_widget_on_focus (obj=<optimized out>, sd=<optimized out>)
at elm_list.c:1277
#2 0x00007ffff4173550 in elm_obj_widget_on_focus () at
elm_widget.eo.c:343
#3 0x00007ffff41860e3 in _parent_focus (obj=0x8000005c000002e1) at
elm_widget.c:804
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error
report
Post by Davide Andreoli
in pyefl is wrong.
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your
environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
E: Failed autobuilding of package
---
Then, if I install `libgbm-dev` (or it add to `debian/control` as
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
---
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
;
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
appear
there too (when not using the E packages that I'm trying to
build),
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
maybe
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App
Integration &
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
more
Post by Davide Andreoli
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar
corporations,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
FREE
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Davide Andreoli
2014-11-24 18:31:26 UTC
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
I just fixed elementary list!
GREAT!! thanks
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Thanks.
Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ, D1)
#0 0x00007ffff40fad25 in _elm_list_nearest_visible_item_get (it=0x15b67d0,
obj=<optimized out>) at elm_list.c:1223
#1 _elm_list_elm_widget_on_focus (obj=<optimized out>, sd=<optimized out>)
at elm_list.c:1277
#2 0x00007ffff4173550 in elm_obj_widget_on_focus () at
elm_widget.eo.c:343
#3 0x00007ffff41860e3 in _parent_focus (obj=0x8000005c000002e1) at
elm_widget.c:804
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
arghh, so weird...
I'm testing again here, also downloading ubuntu to try to
reproduce
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
your
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the
error
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
report
Post by Davide Andreoli
in pyefl is wrong.
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your
environment,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
"Checking for Ethumb: Ethumb version mismatch. Found: 1.12.0
1.12.0"
In a bit more details...
---
debian/rules build
dh build --with python2 --buildsystem=pybuild
dh_testdir -O--buildsystem=pybuild
dh_auto_configure -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:170: python2.7 setup.py config
running config
dh_auto_build -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:170: /usr/bin/python setup.py build
Checking for Eina: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Eo: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Evas: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ecore: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreFile: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreInput: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for EcoreX: OK, found 1.12.0
Checking for Ethumb: Ethumb version mismatch. Found: 1.12.0
1.12.0
exit
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
E: Failed autobuilding of package
---
Then, if I install `libgbm-dev` (or it add to `debian/control`
as
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
---
libgbm-dev
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
okay... I don't know the source of this problem...
Also, this problem appear outside of the "pbuilder
environment", I
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
mean,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
the pbuilder tiny build chroot enviroment. It is easy to
reproduce
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
(when
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
;
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
appear
there too (when not using the E packages that I'm trying to
build),
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
maybe
Post by Davide Andreoli
I'm doing something wrong with the packaging itself.
Cheers!
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT
Server
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App
Integration &
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
more
Post by Davide Andreoli
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar
corporations,
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
FREE
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration
&
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
more
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Post by Davide Andreoli
Post by Daniel Juyung Seo
Martinx - ジェームズ
2014-11-25 03:08:34 UTC
Post by Davide Andreoli
arghh, so weird...
I'm testing again here, also downloading ubuntu to try to reproduce your
environment.
The only idea I have is that ethumb is not installed and the error report
in pyefl is wrong.
pkg-config --modversion ethumb (to see if ethumb is installed)
and
pkg-config --atleast-version 1.12.0 ethumb (to check the min version)
the first one should print the installed version (and exit with 0)
while the second should just exit with 0
From your error seems that the second command fail on your environment,
can you try to manually run those 2 commands?
Hey, cool!

Thank you for taking some time to try it! :-)

Good to see that you was able to reproduce the problem... Is this a bug?

Okay! I'm using libgbm-dev and I'm very happy! :-D

BTW, thanks for sharing those infos, very easy to understand.

Cheers!