[E-devel] chart library based on the EFL
Vincent Torri
2017-06-29 20:23:43 UTC
Hello

I would like to introduce a small library which renders chart using
Evas VG API :

https://github.com/vtorri/echart2

I try to mimic a bit the area chart of google :

https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/areachart

It consist of a library and a test example.

The library consists of
* a data API to fill data
* a chart API for the chart features
* an evas smart object for a "line" chart

the test example is the first 'area' example in google charts

I have attached a screenshot of the example

The library is in its very early state and is wip. There may be bugs
and a lot of improvements can be done of course

the build system is meson + ninja (see README.md for instructions).
Just install meson and ninja with your favorite package manager

I have tested echart on Windows and Fedora.

Any patches, remarks and ideas are welcome

Vincent
Jérémy Zurcher
2017-06-29 21:14:27 UTC
Hello Vincent,

nice start

there's lot of good stuff in that commercial js lib that I use
in my job http://www.fusioncharts.com/charts/

I had to add the following to compile on archlinux (might not be the
right way to do, I know nothing about meson yet) :

+cc = meson.get_compiler('c')
+
dep_lib = [dependency('eina'),
dependency('evas'),
- dependency('eina')]
+ dependency('eina'),
+ cc.find_library('m')]

cheers
Post by Vincent Torri
[...]
--- Hell'O from Yverdoom

Jérémy (jeyzu)
Vincent Torri
2017-06-30 04:06:57 UTC
Post by Jérémy Zurcher
Hello Vincent,
nice start
there's lot of good stuff in that commercial js lib that I use
in my job http://www.fusioncharts.com/charts/
I think that cedric mentioned it to me
Post by Jérémy Zurcher
I had to add the following to compile on archlinux (might not be the
+cc = meson.get_compiler('c')
+
dep_lib = [dependency('eina'),
dependency('evas'),
- dependency('eina')]
+ dependency('eina'),
+ cc.find_library('m')]
i've forgotten to push my commit. I did it in a bit different way but
i prefer yours :-)

thank you

Vincent
Post by Jérémy Zurcher